Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday August 1 2010

The sun was out today and we planned to go for a bike ride - Princess has her own adult trike which she absolutely loves to be on.  Just as we were about to head out poor Princess was sick....that put an end to that idea!  Apart from that, I had been struggling with a sore throat all day and trying to clean the house, so was not too upset when we were housebound instead.  House cleaning is not one of my strong points and by the time the weekend comes the place is usually a mess - washing piled up, floors dirty, dust everywhere.  I always feel as though I am going around in circles trying to get on top of things.

Princess watched DVDs most of the day while I tried to clean up.  This is a point of guilt for me - how many should I let my girl watch???  She either watches DVDs or listens to music but both of them are passive activities.  Lately she has been getting me up to dance with her, which is a big step forward as human interaction is always something that people with autism usually find challenging. 

So our weekend draws to a close and it's back to school for the girls and work for me tomorrow.  Princess will be staying home if she is sick again.  Her Dad is due to go to hospital tomorrow evening so don't really know if he will be caring for her or I will have to take a day off.  I am so tired of the whole full-time work thing but right now I don't really have a choice as my husband can't work due to a back injury.  His op is in September so possibly things will pick up after that for us as a family.  Right now we are all basically hanging by a thread as our family has been split apart by my husband's injury.  He cannot do much at all.  Therefore, family togetherness is pretty much a thing of the past.  However, as an optimist I always say to myself "Everything is temporary" and I thank God because I know this misery will pass and we will come out of  it all the stronger.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment